eReader devices are available to check out from the Walworth-Seely Public Library. In order to borrow a device, patrons must meet the following criteria:
* Be 18 years of age or older. If younger than 18, a parent/guardian may check out the device on their behalf if they meet the remaining criteria below. Persons over age of 18 with a designated guardian must have the guardian sign this agreement with them, as well as meet the remaining criteria below.
* Be in possession of a current Pioneer Library System card in good standing (fine free)
* A patron who borrows an eReader Device is required to: read the library’s Borrower Policy and Procedure document, read and sign a Circulation Agreement, and present a current photo ID. The ID will be used to verify that the identity information registered to the library card is current.
* eReaders can be checked out for 3 weeks
* No renewals are allowed on the eReaders
* A $5.00 late fee will accrue each day the device is not returned
* eReader devices must be returned to the Walworth-Seely Public Library and cannot be returned in the book drop. A fee of $25 will result if the device is returned in the book drop or to another library.
* eReader devices are loaned on a first-come, first served basis, currently they cannot be placed on hold within the system. However, patron can call the library directly at 315-986-1511 and we will hold a device in their name until close of business that same day.
* Overdue fines are $5.00 per day, and will accrue up to a maximum of $50.00. Fines start accruing with the 1st day overdue.
* eReader devices returned in the book drop or to another library will be subject to an additional fee of $25.00 and will result in the patron being blocked from checking out any eReader device in the future.
* All fees for devices and equipment will be charged to the patron's library card account. The patron is responsible for replacement of lost or damaged eReader device, parts and accessories. The patron will be charged replacement fees for any items not returned in the eReader bag.
* Nook Tablet – $180.00
* Nook Simple Touch – $100.00
* Nook cord – $10.00
* Nook charger – $10.00
* Nook Screen Protector - $5.00
* Nook case - $40.00
* Nook carry bag – $15.00
* Nook barcode tag – $5.00
* Processing fee - $10.00